(in association with Pet Patrol 365 and supported by the Conservators of Ashdown Forest)
What we are about...
A fun and friendly social walking group. We aim to be inclusive, so welcome pet owners or individuals who don’t currently own a pet but are considering it and who would benefit from mixing with like-minded individuals.
All walks take place on Ashdown Forest and will include a variety of woodland and open heathland. Taking a different route each month, it’s a wonderful chance to socialise with the emphasis on both pet and owner getting fit and keeping fit, explore the forest, find out about the flora and fauna, see conservation work being carried out and discuss pet related issues.
Walking can improve fitness and increase well-being. Walking is recognised for promoting better mental health, including self-perception, self-esteem, mood and sleep quality, and it reduces stress, anxiety and fatigue.
What is different about this walking group?
- Expert problem-solving advice from pet professionals
- Learn to transform an every day dog walk into a stimulating experience
- Develop games and practical solutions to help keep your dog focussed
- Improve your dog’s recall with voice, hand and whistle techniques
- Master loose lead walking
- One to one discussions on pet related issues
Walking with us for the first time?
If you are walking with us for the first time, please request a registration form get in touch now prior to joining the walk.
- Please make sure you wear suitable shoes (walking boots or comfortable wellingtons) and dress for the weather conditions on the day (waterproof and layers in case you get warm/cold).
- Walks will last no longer than 60 to 90 minutes but you may want to bring a small bottle of water or a flask. Please note there are no facilities at the meeting points.
- Unfortunately, these walks are not suitable for puppies under the age of 8 months due to the length of the walk and the terrain covered. If you have a puppy and would like to attend a shorter walk then please get in touch now where you can book an individual session.
- Children must be over the age of 12 years to participate.
Where do we walk?
- The walks take place on Ashdown Forest. The routes are generally easy although sometimes hilly, uneven terrain and mud cannot always be avoided.
- The meeting point for each walk will be posted on the Pet Patrol 365 Facebook page.